Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Zumba

I have started back to the gym. It always made me feel better when I was active, so I started going back last week. On Thursday I faced a fear and went to Zumba class at the gym all by myself which is huge for me. Two years ago I would go to Zumba but I would always drag people with me. I made a few calls and text to some friends, but everyone had other plans. I laid on my bed and had a moment with myself. Then I just jumped up and said to myself I can not depend on anyone but myself to get this weight off. I walked in and the instructor came up to me and said, first time? I was like umm yeah can you tell? She said this is not like the regular zumba that you might have taken before. I do mine a little hip hop. I was almost scared enough at that point to tough it out. I am like its only an hour and you need this, so I stayed. I loved it. I laughed a lot and just had a great time. I even dragged my roommate to go with me on Saturday. I went to the morning class on Monday so three times so far in a week. I am on my way. I knew once I got back to my routines on what I know worked and got me down to my lowest in 2012 that I can and I will get back there. Zumba gives me something to look forward to now. Its a fun class and it keeps me active. I am thinking about trying out the power pump next. Anyone ever taken that class?

1 comment:

  1. I love Zumba!! I've never heard of Power Pump. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete