Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My 2nd 5K


Last Saturday my sister in law Kathy and I did our 2nd 5k. It was the Never Quit Beach Fest at Jax Beach. Such an awesome story about a family who lost their Dad to a brain bleed and stroke complications after he fought to stay alive. When he couldn't talk his son asked him Dad, if you can write anything down what would it be. He wrote Never Quit. It was such a teary moment hearing his son tell that story. We should never quit!!!


It was my first time walking on the beach. That was a lot different than walking on the pavement. Our time was 51 min that was 17 min miles making it longer than my first time of 48 min 16 min miles. I was sad that my time was off, but it is a lot harder walking on the beach. I was looking at the few pictures we took, and thought to myself man Gail look at you. For one of the first times I could really tell how much weight I have actually lost. Ever had those moments???



















We made it!!!!

9 comments:

  1. You look great. Congrats on your second 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on you second 5k. I know it must feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a touching story. I can't imagine a 5k on the beach--what a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! and yep, I have those moments all the time...I love looking at pics of myself now...before I would hide from the camera. But hey, you should be proud, these pics of you are great...look at your waist!! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Sand walking is MUCH harder than walking on pavement. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your waloking on the beach, I get so tired just by walking on it to get close to the waves. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic Gail and congrats on the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job! Congratulations! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES, I do have those "omg look at me!" moments!!! Congradulations on your second one, way to go! Keep it up! I see a huge difference in you!!!

    ReplyDelete