Sunday, May 9, 2010

Guess What I Did...

Two years ago at Christmas, my sister in law Kathy said at the dinner table "I want to go skydiving when I turn 40!, in two years. Gail you should come with me." Me being the nice person I am I was like sure I'll go knowing that I could not go because I knew there was a weight restriction. This Christmas comes along she says " Gail you know my birthday is in May and I'll be 40, so we have to do it, and you have already lost weight you can do it!" We started telling people, so I couldn't back out. Well like my post said on Friday I lost 100 pounds. So what did you do when you lost 100 pounds? I threw myself out of a perfectly good airplane and had the time of my life!!! It was amazing!!!! I was scared to death, but I would so do it again. I had a crazy jump master that likes to do tricks. When we left the plane I leaned out the door and we started flipping 5 times in a row.... WOW. He was crazy fun. When I upload the video I'll post the link. That was my big surprise I have been talking about. You can now refer to me as a skydiver!!!! 18,000 feet, 1 min 20 sec free fall at 120 mph then an awesome time just floating around in the sky=AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. WooHoo! That is just awesome. Skydiving is something I'd love to do someday but I am so afraid of heights! I just know I'd love it if I could do it though. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! What a cool surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is fantastic.. So happy for you.. that is definitely on my bucket list..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So freakin cool! What a treat! Tastes better than SUGAR baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome...it's such a rush isn't it...I did it a few years ago and nothing has beat it yet! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy shit a brick. Like for real - I almost did just thinking about what you did. Knock it off - stay on the ground - quit scaring me. Geesh. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. You jumped out of a plane. OMG. I could never ever do that. Glad you didn't tell us before. But I bet you had the time of your life and good for you for reaching 100 lost pounds. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Good for you! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a rock star! There is NO WAY I would ever have the guts to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete